Monday, May 24, 2010

Rocky Horror Marathon - #43



I'm trying to get the sexy back...oops I mean the excitement. Rocky Horror Marathon was just that...HORRIBLE AND BRUTAL! Last year I did Leadville Trail Marathon in Colorado and it was my PW(personal worst). Leadville Marathon brought me to tears but Rocky Horror Marathon scared me!!! The course was four 6 miles out and backs, and one 2.2. mile loops on the challenging Coto trail. As we entered the trail there's a sign that said "beware of mountain lions". The sign really didn't bother me. On my first loop a runner said watch out there's a snake up a head on your left. Snake??? Hmmm...snakes and lizards don't scare me. You stay out of my way and I will stay out of yours. Are we cool??? I'm saying this to myself. On my second loop I was getting close to the turnaround about half mile away, a 4-5 foot SNAKE was crawling across the trail, I screamed so loud!!! As I was appoaching the turnaround which was in a beautiful neighborhood with million dollar mansions, a man playing with his dog said "was that you screaming?".







I knew James MM#1642 was behind me so I waited for him. James is a fast runner and he wanted to drop out after the second loop, but stayed to protect me from the snakes. Well, guess what? James almost stepped on a rattle snake!!




I wasn't too scared so I took a picture.








Steve and Rob were having a good time. Steve was singing to Sade and Rob knows these trails like the back of his hand.












If you believe in yourself, have dedication and pride and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards" - Paul "Bear" Bryant
I finished with a PW 9:18:42 Thanks Debbie and Charlie for pacing me.
Each marathon is an adventure not a destination.
Keep Believing!
Yolanda "Walking Diva"



No comments:

Post a Comment