Wednesday, November 10, 2010

New York Marathon - Marathon #93


THE NEW YORK MARATHON HAD 44,704 FINISHERS AND I WAS ONE OF THEM!!!

I finished 6:01:01

This was my first New York Marathon and what an experience. I was surrounded by 44 thousand people from around the world all feeling the same excitement. It was a gorgeous ferry ride to Staten Island. I was very impressed with how organized the race was. Once the race started, I was in green wave 3 which started at 10:40am. We crossed many bridges, ran through Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, Manhattan, and ended in the world-famous Central Park. The people in each city made you feel like you were Gebre (the winner)! I loved all the cheering! What a beautiful race day in New York City!!!










































































What a blessing to have my daughter Tiffany waiting for me at the finish line. I love you Tiffany!
LIFE IS EVERYTHING YOU MAKE IT...AND MORE
There will inevitably be obstacles to encounter. But don't worry that they will seem too great for you to handle, because you can. You may doubt yourself at times, but know that if you have faith, you have everything. Faith is the key to being successful.
If you know you are capable of anything because of who you are, you will always reach your destination. It may not always be easy, but it will always be worth it. Look ahead of you, never behind. Have faith in yourself. If you do, you will be amazed at what you can accomplish.
-T.L. Nash-

Keep Believing in yourself and your Dreams!
Yolanda "Walking Diva"

No comments:

Post a Comment