Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sycamore Canyon 50K

Sycamore Canyon 50K - May 12, 2012
Malibu California
Jessica, Steve and Jenny...my favorite marathon buddies...
Sycamore Canyon 50K in the Santa Monica Mountain is a very brutal yet beautiful course.  This part of the trail is very technical.  I've done this trail many times and I PR (personal record) on this trail.  I finished 7:56:44. My strength on trail marathons is my climbing.  This was a good marathon and as you know every marathon/ultra is different.  The weather was perfect, overcast and cloudy.
a lot of climbing...
beautiful views...
finishing up...
I got last place and 3rd place in my age group...Yay me!!!



Rock Mother's Day Marathon - May 13, 2012
Dockweiler Beach, Los Angeles California
I really don't have much to say...My eyes says it all...I'm tired!!!  I finished 6:54:18


Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success.  When you do a thing, do it with all your might...Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your objective.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-


Here's a great graduation gift; "My Journey to Guinness" book


Available now both paperback and ebook.   www.yolandaholder.com 

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to see the trail in that second picture, but all I see are people scattered on random boulders. Looks like a great course! Congrats on crushing the climbing!

    ReplyDelete