Sunday, February 13, 2011

My journey continues...February 15, 2011

"WHEN I STAY FOCUSED ON THE END, THE DETAILS ARE HANDLED".Staying focused on a project or plan is one of the most difficult challenges we face. There is always the house to clean,calls to make, laundry to fold, movies to watch, news to catch up on, deadlines to meet and expectations to live up to. There is so much pulling on us, distracting us, keeping us from doing what we say- no wonder it never get done. Actually, there is only one thing that keeps us from our goals, that is lack of focus. Very often, lack of focus is caused by fear. Lack of focus/fear means you can find a million reasons not to do what you say you want to do. Lack of focus/fear means if you do what you say you just might succeed. Success means you would move out and beyond your comfort zone. Somehow, somewhere deep inside, that is frightening. The key is if you would just stay focused, all of those frightening little details would miraculously be taken care of. Before you know it, you would be exactly where you say you want to be.
-Iyanla Vanzant-


This week in the spot light is Retrina and all I can say is WOW! You're my shero Retrina!





Since as far as I can remember I've always had a problem with my weight. I realized I was different from other kids when I was in Kindergarten and was teased about my weight. I was told by family and friends that it was baby fat and would eventually go away. Well it never did.
I started yo-yo dieting in my early teens. I tried all the quick fixes, by quick fixes I mean diet pills, liquid diets and all the fads that ever existed, if there's a diet program you can think of, I've tried it. Now in theory those programs work because you'll lose weight, but the reality of it is, the weight always comes back with friends and by friends I mean additional weight. People always want the quick fixes, those things that we feel are going to lesson our responsibility or workload in the weight loss process. For example, I loved liquid diets because that meant I didn't have to cook and the results were fast, my meal was simple to prepare because it was already prepared for me. Diet pills, well they help you to "control" your appetite and I absolutely loved prepackaged food because again, that meant less work on my part. The academics of diets work, but in reality to me they're a fraud because they don't address the core issue or the reason why you gain the weight to begin with, which is a lack of self worth. Until that is addressed along with proper nutrition and exercise, the problem with obesity will never go away. Until you value and respect the person in the mirror who you can see, you won't respect the internal person who you can't see and for that reason have no problem damaging him/her by consuming things that you know will eventually adversely affect it.
I have a freedom of speech in this area because I yo-yo dieted myself into a 400+ pound body. I've lost over 200 pounds with 30 more to go. When you change the mind properly you seriously change everything! That is the goal of my company, to give support to people so they can change their view regarding the inner person in order to achieve permanent weight lost. I really want to help people let go of the fear of realizing their potential.
Believe you can!
Yolanda "Walking Diva"
Breaking news! Marathon "maniacs" prove 26.2 miles is a challenge not a barrier...

1 comment:

  1. Yolanda, That is a very inspiring article. I love your blogs. It is amazing how you take the time to motivate and showcase others. My hope is that lots of people will take your advice like I did and follow their dream. It can be done if you believe and yes, I believe!
    Thank you. Felma

    ReplyDelete