Sunday, November 13, 2011

Catalina Eco Marathn - 300 Lifetime Marathon

My 300 lifetime marathon!  What better place to celebrate a milestone than beautiful Catalina Island.  This was my 3rd year doing Catalina Eco and the last two years it was hot and I got heat exhaustion and barely made the ferry ride back. This year I welcomed the overcast cloudy about to rain any moment weather but blessed that it didn't rain until we were in line to board the ferry. The course got re-routed at the last minute because it rained all night and some of the trail got washed out. We still had beautiful rugged trails with views of the Pacific Ocean. I finished my 300 marathon in 6:08:05!  How many more?  I hope to do 1000 marathons in my lifetime.  Seriously!
1st place winner Sarah Lewis from Seattle finished in 3:35:47.  She's young, beautiful, and amazingly fast!  Way to go Sarah! 
299 and a half marathons...Almost there...I love marathoning and over the pass 12 years I have done marathons in all types of weather.  I've DNF (Did Not Finish) three times in my marathon career.  Each DNF was a lesson which lead to getting to know my body and who I am as an athlete.  My race-ume (resume) is very impressive and I'm extremely proud of it because I'm a power walker.  I have done some of the toughest and most brutal races and I have done some of the most beautiful races in the country and Catalina Eco is one of them. I like being surrounded by nature and it's serenity.
Finishing up 300 lifetime marathons!!!  Never give up on your dreams!



My favorite announcer Rudy Novotny made me feel as if I was the winner. Facebook Rudy with your special marathon milestone.  Rudy is also a big fan of first timers.  Thank you Rudy!

LET YOUR LIFE BE A WONDERFUL ADVENTURE!

Let your life be an exploration.  Let people and places be a part of your life, and experience each and every unique situation with a sense of wonder and delight.  Look in all directions to seek out the answers you long to know, and discover the secrets that keep questioning your heart.  Be willing to make the changes and be ready to face the challenges.  Accept the opportunities that present themselves, and endure and cope with difficulties that can arise from time to time.  Remember that there is no one way to live your life, but a thousand different ways for each of us to be.  Make your life the way you want it to be and create a lifestyle that brings you happiness.  Search for your true meaning in life by devoting yourself to your ideals, and enjoy your wonderful adventure through time by making every day special.
-Deanna Beisser-





1 comment:

  1. So awesome! Congrats to you on 300 races!

    Any day you can get out and do a marathon is a wonderful day!
    I've been to Catalina and I'd love to do the marathon there sometime.
    -paul

    ReplyDelete