Tuesday, July 3, 2012

In the "Spotlight" with Jay

Meet the beautiful and amazing Jayani
from Thousand Oaks California!

At the age of three, a car ran over my left foot, leaving me without a big toe and a severely damaged left foot. As such, my passion and commitment for exercise and healthy lifestyle choices began at an early age. I have been running ever since my "debilitating" foot injury. I bring a unique perspective to running because I am living proof that athletes can overcome physical limitations and perform at a competitive level.
To date, I have completed over 100 marathons, Ultras, and Triathlons, including Big Sur International Marathon, Xterra Trail Race Series, Malibu & Wildflower Triathlons, Arizona 70.3, Sycamore Canyon 50K, Santa Barbara Endurance Run (100 miles), LA Marathon, and countless other races. Currently I race every two weeks. My next challenge is the Hermosa 24 in which I will attempt to break the current course record and achieve the Guinness Record. This August, I am running the Run-De-Vous 100 miler in Northern California.

I am grateful for the opportunity to fulfill my dream of running everyday, and cannot think of any better way to enjoy my time. I have always enjoyed physical challenges and overcoming my foot injury has not only made me a stronger runner but also an emotionally and physically stronger person in all areas of life.I am also grateful for the support of my Sponsors: Brooks, Kool N' Fit, Rudy Project, Accelerade, Larabar, Feetures, GU, & Nuun.
My goal is to continue to strive to be a better runner and athlete (despite my lifelong foot injury), and to inspire others to reach their goals and lead active and healthy lifestyles. I am truly living my dream, one which I thought may not be possible after my car accident. As a one footed runner, I am defying science, one race at a time!!! 

"Don't ask me why I run, ask yourself why you don't"
-Jay-

 

No comments:

Post a Comment