Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Seven plus One - 6/28/2012

SUMMER SEVEN PLUS ONE - DAY 1- JUNE 28, 2012
Long Beach California
Summer Seven will test our endurance and we are all up for the challenge. 7 days of running and 7 days of big fun.  I had the pleasure to be with some of the most amazing runners along with Guinness World Record holder Mr. Larry Macon and the legendary Mr. Jim Simpson.  Can these two men keep up with the "Walking Diva"?
The amazingly awesome Tony "Endorphin Dude"
 I Finished Day 1 in 6:43:06.
SUMMER SEVEN PLUS ONE - DAY 2 - JUNE 29, 2012
Fullerton California
Chris is working on 52 marathons in 52 weeks.
Andrea, Ed, Chris and Chris sharing a few miles together.
I like the views at Laguna Lake Park in Fullerton.
I Finished Day 2 - 6:50:39


OASIS MINI FITNESS CONFERENCE- JUNE 29, 2012
Newport Beach California



SUMMER SEVEN PLUS ONE - DAY 3 - JUNE 30, 2012
Playa Del Rey California
A early start with Andrea and Tuan.

Sharing a laugh with Raul.  I finished 6:33:18.

HERMOSA 24 HOUR RUN - JUNE 30, 2012
Hermosa Beach California
The Hermosa 24 Hour Ultramarathon really pushes the limits on a very difficult course run on soft sand.  The course is a 3.36 mile loop that starts at Hermosa Pier to Manhattan Pier and back.  I had the pleasure of meeting the Guinness World Record holder for "Most Mileage Run on Sand" Patrick Sweeney.  Patrick broke his record and ran 94 miles!  Congrats Patrick.  I finished 26.44 miles in 11:53:46.
I had so much fun with Chris...he kept me laughing...we didn't know what we were getting ourselves into...this was our first lap...

The beautiful Jay running strong!

The pretty and sexy Mieko sporting a cute Running Skirts outfit...
Rudi finished over 30 miles...
I really don't know what I was doing or thinking!!! 

Second place winner Tatsunori finished 73 miles!

Patrick broke his Guinness record 94 miles!!!  He made it look easy. He is amazingly awesome!


Lap 5, mile 16 and I am soooo drained...It takes a lot of energy to run/walk in the soft sand! Is it over yet? 
I finished 8 laps, 26.44 miles in 11:53:46  I really did have a lot of fun and I will be back next year!



SUMMER SEVEN PLUS ONE DAY 4 - JULY 1, 2012
Huntington Beach California

Chris and I a few hours after Hermosa...Yes we have been up for over 30 hours...I'm so tired!
Andrea and Rocky, 1st place winners. I finished 7:25:04

SUMMER SEVEN PLUS ONE- DAY 5 - JULY 2, 2012
Long Beach California
Larry and Jim were trying to catch me!
I finished 7:01:54


SUMMER SEVEN PLUS ONE -DAY 6 - JULY 3, 2012
Huntington Beach California
I finished Day 6 in 6:53:18

SUMMER SEVEN PLUS ONE - DAY 7 - JULY 4, 2012
Long Beach California
Yay I did it!  8 marathons in 7 day!!!  Congrats to Larry and Jim for finishing 7 marathons in 7 days...(  Larry and Jim still trying to catch me..)
A big shout out to Rocky who has lost over 35 pounds! Stay tuned his story coming soon.
Wow...I finished 7 in 7 plus one...Life is what you make it and I turned 7 days into 7 days of fun.  Challenge yourself, take chances, step out of your comfort zone, enjoy life, be happy, set physical goals, never give up on your dreams and try something new, you might like it...Marathoning is my passion and my serenity.  Find your bliss!
Beautiful buckle

Summer Seven Plus One - nice medals, buckle and shirts
Thank you race director Charlie for an amazingly awesome journey!  Happy running and see you at the next one!

I may not be FAST
I may be LAST
but I do it with CLASS
-Walking Diva-

"My Journey to Guinness" book is now available both paperback and ebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment