Friday, November 16, 2012

Catalina ECO Marathon 400 Lifetime Marathon

MY 400 LIFETIME MARATHON
CATALINA ECO MARATHON - 11/10/2012
Avalon California
If you would have asked me six years ago what are your plans to do with your life in your 50's? My answer would not have been to break an eight year Guinness World Record for the "Most Marathons Run in a Calendar Year" by a woman nor would it have been to power walk over 400 lifetime marathons/ultras.  Sometimes God puts amazing dreams on our hearts and if we listen to that little voice, he will make what seems impossible possible.  Catalina ECO marathon was my 400 lifetime marathon/ultra and marathon #97 of the year.  I'm on pace to break my own record.  Record breaking marathon #107 will be at the "Honolulu Marathon" December 9, 2012!!!  Hope to see you there...
It's always nice to see my friend Cat...
Good to see Andrea and Legacy runner Deo Marathon Maniac #22
 
We could not have asked for a more beautiful day on the island...a little windy but that's okay...
 
Don't let this beautiful Island fool you.  The course is run on beautiful, rugged, single track, ridgelines and breathtaking trails with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean.  I conquer the "Catalina Crush" hill.  This is a famous hill at mile 19 of the marathon course.  I came, I saw, I conquered!   I finished 7:08:40

If you run Catalina Island Marathon in March and Catalina ECO in November you will receive this beautiful "Double Buffalo" medal.
Thank you Kevin and Meghan for a fun time on Catalina Island.
 
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the time and the passion to reach for the STARS to change the world.  Believe in yourself and never give up on your dreams.
 
I have the perfect gift for you and your love ones.  Guaranteed to get you up and moving.  "My Journey to Guinness" book!  Get your copy today...
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment