Saturday, December 16, 2017

2017 Inspiring People of the Year Bridgit Crider

I WILL SURVIVE!!!

My journey to where I am today started with that dreaded doctors office visit for an annual check up….I knew that I was overweight, had been for years. My weight and size would yo-yo up and down. At this particular visit, I was told that I was on my way to being diabetic. My choice was either drop 15 pounds or be put on meds by my next visit…NOPE! I was like, sure it can’t be that hard to lose 15 pounds in 40 days. 

I had no clue, especially at 49 years old!!! I was a fad diet queen and didn’t know any better. Anyway, I posted about my doctors visit on FB and got invited to come out and run with a group of women in my area. 


First off, I don’t run, I said to myself. Not even from a dog lol, second she mentioned 3.5 miles, another no lol, and third a 4:30 am meet up…all no’s. Then I thought about my doctors visit and said “Bridgit, something has to change!” And I got my butt up and met them. The next time I went back to that doctors office I had lost 8 pounds and my levels went down, I was in the safe zone. 


That was the start of me running, walking and getting my physical right. Over the past 3 years, I have lost 62 pounds, participated in over 33 races ranging from 5k's to half marathons. I now get up almost every morning for a 5am workout of some kind. 


This past February, I had a tummy tuck to rid of excess skin (best thing I could have ever done) and now I have a trainer to properly help me tone up and build muscle. I have no plans of stopping. I feel great, and hope that I can help and inspire others.


-Bridgit-

No comments:

Post a Comment