Monday, September 20, 2010

Redwood Park 50K - Marathon #79

Redwood Park 50K was held in the beautiful and gorgeous Redwood Regional Park in Oakland California. Nice trails, tall redwoods and calming streams. Redwood Park is one of my favorite ultra marathons. I finished 8:22:26. Deborah is an amazing woman, she 's doing a 10k and was a little worried that she might stumble.











Decisions; choices: Today I had to make a hard choice of either go to my brother's funeral or continue on with my journey to Guinness. I spoke with my brother James a few weeks prior to his homecoming and he said " I will be at your record breaking marathon in Las Vegas". I know James will be with me. I dedicate the Redwood Park 50K to you James.





























These young men are a part of the Oakland Rebel Youth Group. It's nice to see kids out running the trails. There was also a horse race. It was a busy morning at Redwood Park.






















MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE AN ANGEL BY YOUR SIDE

May you always have an angel by your side. Watching out for you in all the things you do. Reminding you to keep believing in brighter days. Finding ways for your wishes and dreams to come true.

Giving you hope that is as certain as the sun. Giving you the strength of serenity as your guide. May you always have love and comfort and courage, and...

May you always have an angel by your side. Someone there to catch you if you fall.

Encouraging your dreams, inspiring your happiness, holding your hand and helping you through it all.

In all of our days, our lives are always changing. Tears come along as well as smiles. Along the roads you travel, may the miles be a thousand times more lovely than lonely. May they give you gifts that never, ever end: someone wonderful to love a dear friend in whom you can confide. May you have rainbows after every storm. May you have hopes to keep you warm.

And may you always have an angel by your side.

You are my Angel James! I love you!

Keep Believing,
Yolanda "Walking Diva"





No comments:

Post a Comment