Monday, November 22, 2010

Mesquite Marathon - Marathon #96

Mesquite Marathon was not my scheduled marathon. I was scheduled to do Valley of the Fire Marathon in Overton Nevada. After arriving to Valley of the Fire Marathon, I was informed that the full marathon was cancelled due to gusty winds. I didn't panic! I remember that there was a marathon in Mesquite Nevada. It was 64 miles to Mesquite. I called my husband and asked him for the details of Mesquite Marathon. I arrived at Casa Blanca Hotel were the buses were leaving to take you to the start. The full marathons buses had left. I told Carrie my story and she said no problem and started calling the race director to arrange a ride to the start. Chris was listening and said I will drive you. Chris drove me to the start and I was only 35 minutes late. Chris was my Angel! I even managed to finish less than 7 hours clock time 6:43:11 and I wasn't last!!! God is good! Mesquite Marathon takes place in Mesquite Nevada. The course is along the old highway from St. George Utah to Mesquite Nevada. The surrounding area is scenic with rolling hills and tall red rocks.































































FAITH
Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
-Martin Luther King Jr.


Faith is what keeps us waking up day after day to face the challenges that come our way. It's leaning on a God whose strength is unending. It's believing that there is a purpose in whatever we're facing, or at the very least knowing that He will make some good come out of the situation. It's taking our fears, our doubts, our frustrations, our hurts, our injustices, and our insecurities to God and letting Him give us instead courage, confidence, and peace. Faith is what keeps us going long after those without faith might have given up.
-Martha Bolton-



Keep believing in yourself and your dreams!
Yolanda"Walking Diva"












"IN THE SPOTLIGHT"
















Kathy's Southern Cooking is located in Henderson, NV. Excellent southern style cooking!
6407 Mountain Vista, Henderson, NV 89014 702-433-1005

1 comment: