Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Texas Marathon - January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! HAPPY 2011!!! Happy Guinness World Record! Congrats Larry! Texas Marathon was held in Kingwood Texas. This marathon is known for having the largest medal. The course is four loops on greenbelts in Kingwood with nice views of Lake Houston. I finished 6:16:04


"IN THE SPOT LIGHT"

Miss Evelyn from Illinois finished all 50 states in 2010!!! Congrats Evelyn! It was a pleasure seeing you. I wish you many races in 2011!




























































































There it is...the largest marathon medal in the world!!! Texas marathon is a must do!!!




























Thank you RD Steve & Paula for a wonderful race and a awesome acknowledgement.


Keep Believing,
Yolanda "Walking Diva"





2 comments:

  1. What do you think about the guy who ran "365 marathons" in 365 days? When I run 26.2 miles, I don't call it a marathon unless it was an actual race.

    BTW, 9 days ago, I finished my first 100 mile race in 29 hours, 42 minutes and 1 second. I got blisters... but didn't have any pedicure the day before. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what your saying Emmett, But there just isn't any place that has Marathons every day of the week. There have been people running 50 Marathons in 50 weeks, 50 Marathons in 50 states and 52 Marathons in 52 weeks etc. Some were "races" some were not. When you run training runs do you write that you ran 5k or 10k, I do. Not a race but it is the distance I went. I don't do 26.2 mile training runs so I don't know what I would put.
    Congrats on the 100 mile run, I would have had more than blisters. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete