Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday - Memorial Day Weekend


This weekend I'm doing things a little different. I decided not to do a triple marathon this Memorial Day weekend. I'm still on track to 101 marathons. I'm menopausal and it's making the road to Guinness very difficult. I cry all the time. I went to the doctor for my yearly physical and I'm in the best shape of my life but emotionally I'm a wreck so my doctor recommends I do other things. I started back taking yoga last week. I love gardening; I'm going to redecorate my backyard. Happiness must be grown in one's own garden and finding your own personal balance is the key to becoming your personal best. I'm growing out of my comfort zone and choosing to let go of past rejections, wounded feeling, insecurities and messy relationships. The Comfort Zone Poem:




I used to have a comfort zone
where I knew I couldn't fail,
The same four walls of busy work
were really more like a jail,
I longed so much to do the things
I'd never done before,
But I stayed inside my comfort zone
and paced the same old floor,
I said it didn't matter
that I wasn't doing much, I said I didn't care for things like diamonds or furs and such,
I claimed to be so busy
with the things inside my zone,
But deep inside I longed for
something special of my own,
I couldn't let my life go by
just watching others win,
I held my breath and stepped outside
to let the change begin,
I took a step and with new strength
I'd never felt before,
I kissed my comfort zone good bye
and closed and locked the door,
If you are in a comfort zone
afraid to venture out,
remember that all winners
were at one time filled with doubt,
A step or two and words of praise
can make your dreams come true,
Greet your future with a smile
success is there for you!
(author unknown)






Remember, with God all things are possible.
Keep Believing!
Yolanda "Walking Diva"













No comments:

Post a Comment