Saturday, February 5, 2011

Surf City Marathon - February 6, 2011

Surf City marathon was held in Huntington Beach, California. It's been two weeks since my last race and I was ready. The weather was supposed to be sunny and low 70"s. I got my hair done and a pedicure. As the race started it was cool and overcast. It was hard to refrain from my "No More Fun" diet; I saw lots of maniacs and half fanatics and it wouldn't be fun without a picture with maniac celebrity Tony "Endorphin Dude". We both did very well and only took one picture. Things started to change when I ran into birthday boy Hector. Hector and I took a picture together and as I walked off I looked at the picture and I screamed! My hair! My bangs had turned into an afro. OMG I'm having a bad hair day. What was I thinking? Around mile 14 my feet were hurting. I said...no way...blisters? I haven't had blisters in over a year. What was I thinking a pedicure the day before a marathon? I finished 6:03:32












IN THE SPOT LIGHT is new mom Jessica from Salt Lake City, Utah. Surf City is Jessica's second marathon. Jessica says that marathoning is a great way to have some "me time". Good work Jessica!!!
















Happy Birthday Hector! There goes the hair...










































I finished my third round of the California Dreaming Series.
























Long Beach marathon quoted me: Out of 106 marathons in 2010, "The marathon that was the most fun this year was Oct 17 in Long Beach"


























Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
-Author Unknown-

Fear, lack of confidence and low self-esteem tends to make us jump to conclusions. If what we are facing is near to our hearts, we have a tendency to expect the worst. We miss so much, including opportunities to change, when we jump to the end from the middle. We forget our focus and the goal when we poise ourselves for failure. The ancient Africans knew that no matter what was going to happen, it would not happen until it happened. Therefore, they were prepared for all possibilities, the good and the bad. Do not jump to conclusions, you could be wrong. Do not pull out in the middle, that is a total waste of time. Keep your faith, trust and stay focused, put your best foot out anyway. The ancient ones had faith and trusted, knowing the end is only a reflection of the beginning.
The end is not here yet.
-Iyanla Vanzant-



Yolanda "Walking Diva"
Guinness World Record 106 Marathons in 2010


Motivational Speaker and Author Herb Ammons presents "12 Steps to a Happy Life"

The Marathon Show will make you famous!

I'm feature in February issue of Black Sports Magazine

Rusty interviews Yolanda (The Rusty Humphries Show)

Yolanda Holder Fox News Interview

Yolanda Holder going for the Guinness Record

Felma's Doll House Miniatures

No comments:

Post a Comment