Saturday, December 12, 2015

2016 is the year of YOU!

I WALK
The Year of YOU 2016 and it’s your year to get inspired and excited about getting healthy & fit! Get a jump start on 2016 by starting your fitness program today. There is many ways to get active in your everyday life and it's never too late to start.  My exercise of choice is walking.  Walking is the oldest and easiest form of exercise.  Walking leads to running, biking, hiking, swimming, lifting weights, yoga, pilates, and boxing.  Pick a physical activity get in gear and get moving.   And SMILE!!!


KIWI SMOOTHIE

(kale, Kiwifruit, banana, pineapple & coconut water)
Some say I’m a Badass, some say I’m Awesome, some say I’m Amazing, some say I’m an Inspiration but I say I’m just like YOU. Diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, stress and many other diseases are knocking at my door and I’m trying my best to not let them in. Changing the way you eat and adding exercise daily can help prevent some of these diseases. Just saying!!!
Strange as it sounds, during the 1870s and 1880s, America’s most popular spectator sport wasn’t baseball, football, or horseracing—it was competitive walking. Inside sold-out arenas, competitors walked around dirt tracks almost nonstop for six straight days (never on Sunday), risking their health and sanity to see who could walk the farthest—more than 500 miles. These walking matches were as talked about as the weather, the details reported in newspapers and telegraphed to fans from coast to coast. This long-forgotten sport, known as pedestrianism, spawned America’s first celebrity athletes and opened doors for immigrants, African Americans, and women. But along with the excitement came the inevitable scandals, charges of doping and insider gambling, and even a riot in 1879. Pedestrianism chronicles competitive walking’s peculiar appeal and popularity, its rapid demise, and its enduring influence.
It might take a year, it might take a day, but what's meant to be will always find a way.  




No comments:

Post a Comment