Monday, April 16, 2012

In the spotlight with Rose "SportyDiva"

Meet the Fabulous & Fit Rose "SportyDiva" from Washington!

When I was a teenager, my weight fluctuated between 180-190 pounds while I alternated between starving myself and binging. I ate just because-whether I was sad, happy, angry, stressed or bored. By the time I was 20, I was married and had a daughter. My weight soared to 300 pounds. Finally my husband gently suggested that I go to the gym. I began working out at an all women's facility and three years later my family and I joined our local YMCA.
Although I was working out on a regular basis, I would lose weight and gain it back again once I returned to my old eating habits.
In March 2002, I tossed out my scale and did some soul searching about the reasons that led to my uncontrollable eating. I did not change what I ate, but I cut back on the amount of food that I was eating and eventually scaled back on dining out.
In January 2003, I began to educate myself about nutrition. I kept a food log to track my daily food intake and kept my calorie consumption around 3,000 calories.
I fine tuned my cardiovascular routine to include weight training, running, stair stepping, rowing and biking and I weighed myself on 9.10.03, I had lost a whopping 100 pounds and eventually lost 10 more thru additional efforts.
 
I don't weigh myself on a regular basis, however when I do, my weight is always 190-193.I am pumped about life and no longer use food to solve my problems.
I have ran 11 half marathons, 14 full, 2 ultras and am a Marathon Maniac.
I have a principle for myself: I do not accept negativity. I've pushed the reset button and left past failures and disappointments behind. I simply refuse to look backwards. Self acceptance and responsibility for my health are at the top of my list each and every day.
 
In June 2006, I became an ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer. I established Sporty Diva in 2007, to promote health and wellness for women thru various channels -Walk/Run Events, Ladies Night Out, Mini Boot Camps and motivational speaking- with a philanthropic// pay it forward mission.
-Rose "SportyDiva"-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment