Monday, January 29, 2018

Walking is a Sport

Walking is a Sport and I train like a Athlete!
Walking is a sport and I train like an athlete.  I'm honored and excited to get an invitation to power walk the Sri Chinmoy Self Transcendence 3100 Mile Race again.  The 3100 Mile Race is the Longest Certified Footrace in the WORLD!  This year I will try many things different and my nutrition will be one of them.


My day started at 4:30am with a ten mile power walk at a 14-15 minute mile pace.  I enjoy walking in the early mornings I can get most of the miles in before the morning traffic.  Even when I have the right-away I still must watch for cars and most of the time I give them the right-away.
It was a beautiful warm morning here in Southern California.  I'm doing the 365 Days Headstand Challenge and today was Day 29 of 365.  I love doing headstands and there are many benefits of doing a daily headstand.  One benefit is headstands help strengthen your back.  When I'm racing sometimes my lower back starts to hurt and I develop a lean.  
Training for the 3100 Mile Race is intense not only do I put in high daily mileage but I also workout at the gym.  Today I worked my legs and abs along with some speed drills on the treadmill.

You can follow my training to the 3100 Mile Race and be apart of the journey by taking the Extreme Walk 4 Diabetes 52 Days Challenge.  You decide how extreme and challenging you want by run, walk, bike, hike a mile or more daily for 52 straight days.  Sign up here https://www.active.com/virtual-ca/walking/virtual-events/extreme-walk-4-diabetes-52-days-challenge-2018



Follow me on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram 


Live Life Healthy and Smile!  
-Walking Diva-

No comments:

Post a Comment