Sunday, December 25, 2011

New Year Wish - 12-31-2011

NEW YEAR WISH

As I look back on 2011, I thought to myself that I didn’t do anything amazing…In 2010 I broke the Guinness World Record “Most Marathons Run in a Calendar Year” by a woman.  The record was held by a woman in Italy and she ran 100 marathons in 2002.  I broke her record and set a new GWR of 106 marathons.   In 2011 I did some pretty amazing things too.
The first amazing thing I did in 2011 was I met some of the most amazingly beautiful and inspirational people and I put them in the “spotlight” on my blog.  I want to say THANK YOU to everyone that shared their amazing stories.  Your stories inspired and motivated many people to get fit and get healthy.  Thank you to all and keep inspiring.
The second amazing thing I did was I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried some new adventures and I checked a few things off my bucket list.  I did 31 races total and two were 100 milers. Each ultra marathon is different and you’ll never know what’s going to happen unless you give it a try.  The Run-de-Vours 100 miler I finished in 25:47and EC 100 Miler I finished in 29:57 with three minutes to spare.  I did a Mud Run, and was one of 8,123 runners that participated in the Santa Run that broke the Guinness World Record for the most Santa’s.  There were lights and cameras on the red carpet at the Stiletto Dash.
Another amazing high light was my 300 lifetime marathon at Catalina ECO Marathon on the beautiful Catalina Island and I finished off the year with a 48 hour run at “After The Years 48 Hour Run" in Arizona and I completed 105 miles.
 
My wish for you in 2012, get fit, be healthy and find your own “happy”.  Wishing you a healthy and happy year and May all your dreams come true.  You are the creator of your own destiny.  You have the power to plant your own garden and find peace and serenity in places most people don’t or can’t see.  I wish for you to have the courage to live a life true to thyself and not the life others expect of you. Life is a choice and it is your life.   The amazing thing about life is that you choose what you allow into it, you choose how things affect you, and you choose how you react. Choose wisely, choose honestly and choose happiness. Happiness is a choice and you create your own happiness.
  
Keep believing in yourself and your dreams.  You’re never too young to try something new. Start today living your dream and to accomplish your dreams you must not only act but also dream and not only plan but also believe. To be successful you must shine your own light, follow your own path.  Leisure walking is one of my favorite escapes and opportunity to reflect on my life issues.  You are an amazing person and may God continue to shine his light and blessing on you in 2012.
-Yolanda”Walking Diva”-

No comments:

Post a Comment