Monday, June 28, 2010

Running with the Devil - Marathon # 54

Running with the Devil was run in 109 degree heat at Lake Mead in Nevada. I did the Devil in 2008 in 115 degree heat and this year it was much cooler. This is Maniac Mitch and his first Devil run. Abby is running the Devil 50 miler. This is Abby's 4th 50 miler. Good luck Abby!







































At mile 15 I was feeling great!!! You are weighed at the half way point and I didn't lose any weight. Yippee!!!! At mile 20 it started...heat exhaustion, stomach issues and dizziness. Mile 23 I started praying..."please let me finish without throwing up." I finished 7:20:34 Thank you my loving and supportive husband for driving me home and pulling over 4 times so that I may throw up. I lost 12 pounds... I'm fine and now I'm ready for "BADWATER"



The rolling hills of the Desert Canyon road...
I run to discover the depths of my soul and
to climb to new heights of possibility...

Keep Believing,
Yolanda "Walking Diva"

No comments:

Post a Comment