Monday, December 12, 2016

21 Days of Inspiration and Motivation - Day 12 with Charlie Alewine

Ultra Marathoner & Race Director
I started running with cross country in high school, then ran 5 miles, 6 days a week, as a paratrooper in the US Army's 101st Airborne Division between 1962-65. After being a recreational runner for many years, doing an occasional 5K or 10K, I met a guy who was training for the 2004 LA Marathon. It was 5 weeks before the race and I could only run about 10 miles at the time. On March 7, 2004, I ran the LAM. I was hooked. Six days later, I ran the Catalina Marathon.
Eventually, I started running longer races, including 100 milers.


To date, I've run 365 races of marathon distance or greater, including 18 different 100 mile runs. On May 9, 2009, I hosted my first race. Yolanda was one of the marathon finishers. I've now hosted 744 races and will be at 751 at the end of 2016.
-Charlie Alewine-
For more information on Charlie Alewine Racing visit my website http://charliealewineracing.jimdo.com/

2 comments:

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing. I'm a life coach blogger. Reading blogs is my hobby and I randomly found your blog. I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging endeavors. Please keep in touch with me in Google+, +sridharchandrasekaran Twitter @lifecoachbloger

    ReplyDelete